1 de October de 2017 al 31 de October de 2017

Festival Internacional de Música Contemporánea de Tres Cantos

Held in October
Festival Director: Alfonso Carraté
web: www.fest3cantos.com
Contact: Phone +34 913510253
Email: info@fest3cantos.com

The Festival de Música de Tres Cantos reaches its seventeenth edition in October with an entirely new and stimulating project which holds close to the spirit that inspired the great achievements of previous editions while at the same time offering new works: six world premieres, among them four commissions and a new version premiere. It also programmes many second stagings, so often expected or requested. Outstanding Spanish ensembles and soloists are invited to perform at its seven concerts.
Teaching activities are also included in the programme with the 4
th Composition Course and teaching presentations.
The 17
th Festival de Tres Cantos will offer an important new departure compared with previous editions but staying faithful to its basic principles, with its uncompromising defence of new creativity. Aiming at fostering the maximum interest of audiences in contemporary music and under the title “Diacronías”, the Festival director Alfonso Carraté has introduced the following innovations:

  • an opening concert, for the first time for film music, with symphony orchestra and choir, one of the contemporary genres that most easily reaches the public,
  • 70% of the programme will consist of contemporary works alongside the remaining 30% by the most famous composers of all time,
  • programming of performances which include added value such as scenic movement, stage lighting, dance, recitation, a CD launch, a tribute to a great living Spanish composer, etc.,
  • firm support for Spanish music entailing approximately 90% of the Festival programme,
  • promotion of young talent by including in the programme the prize winner for the best interpretation of Contemporary Music in the Certamen Intercentros Melómano contest together with other young musicians.